Saturday, June 20, 2015

Leaving PLDI

It was a very memorable experience in Portland these past few days, and I couldn't have done it without NSF's support. The first conference talk of my graduate career went quite well; I even received some positive feedback from a number of different people who attended it. I feel good about the talk, and also very inspired to have interacted face-to-face with some very accomplished programming languages computer scientists. At the conference banquet, I discussed my current career goals and with a PLDI attendee much farther along in his career and he had some very helpful and eye-opening remarks and suggestions for me. I'm very glad and privileged to be able to take away this gained knowledge from the conference, and also to be given the opportunity to share my work with many others in the field. Overall, it was a great conference and I look forward to possibly attending next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment