Friday, June 12, 2015

PLDI is Coming

In less than a week, I'll be giving the first conference talk of my graduate career. And preparing this talk has been much more challenging than I expected. I enjoyed putting the paper together with my colleagues and explaining all of our work thoroughly and formally. I also really enjoy telling people about the work face-to-face with a casual 2-3 minute layman-term explanation. But having to navigate this in-between space of conference talk scope has been a trip! All in all, I'm excited to see how the talk goes, and hopeful that someone somewhere out there in the audience will connect deeply with our work. Beyond the presentation, I'm also really looking forward to the conference as a whole. This'll be my first time attending PLDI, and it's cool that I'll be able to cross paths with the many other people attending other conferences co-located through FCRC this year. I am genuinely greatly appreciative of the travel support from NSF towards my attendance to the conference. I feel very privileged to be financially able to attend and present and am grateful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment