Monday, August 6, 2012

Thoughts on PLDI


I am sincerely grateful for the opportunity to attend PLDI.  I plan to graduate next semester, so I felt particularly lucky to have this opportunity to learn about the most current research first hand.  I met several people doing research very similar to my own and learned how our ideas interacted.  Observing the conference, the student presentations, and the participants helped solidify my future plans with respect to computing.

In addition to the conference, I greatly appreciated the opportunity to visit China.  The Great Wall, in particular, was one of the most impressive things I have seen.  I would visit those mountains just to hike with the gorgeous scenery.  The awesome wall atop even the most ragged peaks made it incredible.

Given the location of this conference it was particularly difficult for graduate students from the US to attend without financial support, so I would like to extend a sincere thank you to those who helped make it possible.

Best,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment