Monday, July 6, 2015

Post-PLDI 2015

Attending PLDI 2015 was a great experience. I had a chance to see many great talks at both PLDI and FCRC, meet with fellow students and faculty in both PL and architecture, and take a little time to explore Portland.

I was especially happy to meet my future colleague Peter-Michael Osera, who will be joining me as a new faculty member at Grinnell College this fall. I enjoyed seeing Michael Stonebraker's Turing Award lecture. Some stand-out talks from the PLDI program include Dan Barowy's work on FlashRelate, Stelios Sidiroglou-Douskos' work on repairing vulnerable programs with automatic code transfer, and Nuno P. Lopes' work on provably correct optimizations with Alive.

I think the dual tracked conference format worked well (it was the first time I had attended a dual-tracked PLDI), especially with the one minute madness videos playing in the lobby. PLDI 2015 was a great experience, and I'm already looking forward to PLDI in Santa Barbara, CA next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment