Sunday, June 2, 2013

First time PLDI Attendee

Hello!

  My name is Michael Shah, and I will be attending PLDI 2013 in Seattle, Washington this year!  I am quite excited to be attending this conference for the first time.  I have recently completed my Masters degree in Computer Science Engineering at Tufts University, and I will begin working on a Ph.D. in the Fall of 2013.
  I am looking forward to attending PLDI, because it is a conference that brings together the top researchers and practitioners from around the world into one location.  It will be very valuable to hear the talks in fields I am researching in as well as other fields of research that are brand new to me.  I hope these talks will help unveil key research questions in the future, as well as help me develop my skills as a researcher.  I hope to be able to interact with many of the speakers and others in attendance to learn about their research.  I further hope that these interactions can lead to collaborations between my research group and others who want to pursue mutually exciting opportunities!
  I am also very much looking forward to being able to present work of my own during the Fun and Interesting Thoughts session.  It is not often I will have such a great forum of listeners, so I am very much looking forward to their constructive feedback and questions.  The challenge for me, will be how to structure a talk that is both engaging and can provoke some of the sharpest minds with interesting thoughts.
  In my next entry, I will follow up with more thoughts on the conference and my personal preparation on achieving the most possible from this conference.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment