Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hello All!

My name is Rishi Surendran and I am a third year graduate student at Rice University, Houston. My advisor is Professor. Vivek Sarkar. I will be presenting the paper “Test-Driven Repair of Data Races in Structured Parallel Programs” at PLDI this year. The paper presents a test-driven static+dynamic approach for repairing data races in parallel programs. This work was done in collaboration with Raghavan Raman, Prof. Swarat Chaudhuri, Prof. John Mellor-Crummey and Prof. Vivek Sarkar.

This is the first time I am attending PLDI and I am really excited and looking forward to it. Apart from presenting our paper, I am also looking forward to attending the talks and connecting with researchers. I wish some of the sessions didn’t overlap and I didn’t have to choose what to attend. I am hoping that the 1 minute summaries in the morning will help me in decision making. I also feel very fortunate to visit the beautiful city of Edinburgh and hopefully I will find time to explore a bit of Scotland.

I am grateful to ACM SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee for providing me travel support for attending PLDI.

No comments:

Post a Comment