Friday, May 30, 2014

Thank God, I can go to PLDI!

Greetings from Davis, California!

While I'm writing this post, my passport with the UK visa stamp is still travelling somewhere in the US. Did I tell you that my flight is next Monday? Anyway, it was really close, and there was time that I thought I could not go.

This is going to be my third experience with PLDI (the two previous ones were in San Jose in 2011, and Seattle in 2013). I had lots of fun last time, and I believe it will be even more exciting this year.

I will present two papers at the conference. The first paper, Compiler Validation via Equivalence Modulo Inputs, introduces a novel method to generate compiler test programs from existing code. We found nearly 200 GCC and LLVM bugs over the last few months. This work was done at UC Davis with my advisor Zhendong Su and my lab-mate Mehrdad Afshari. The second one, FlashExtract: A General Framework for Data Extraction by Examples, presents a framework that allows easy creation of specialized synthesizers to support data extraction by examples. I did this work with my co-advisor, Sumit Gulwani at Microsoft Research during my two MSR internships last year.

See you guys in a few days!



No comments:

Post a Comment