Thursday, June 21, 2012

Amazing PLDI

I am 2nd year Phd student @ University of Utah. This is my first PLDI. It was amazing.

At first, I was amazed by the fact that attendees come from so many different background,  through talking to those researchers in and out of my own area, I was inspired. Sometimes thoughts and ideas just pop up during the process!

I am happy that some of the talks with researchers in my own field have digged into reasonable depth, that help me compare and improve my own research.

I also had my first academic talk here (I mean in the PLAS 2012). On the practice talk,  I got help not only from professors' of my own university, but also from those people I talked with. It was very nice. and Thanks for their valuable suggestions and comments. 

Lastly, I would like to thank for people organizing this spectaculars events, and thanks for the grants to our students that do help relieve financial burden. Oh, Another person I should not forget to thank: our chair: Jan Vitek! Thank you for the *temporary* volunteer to the PLDI banquet, where I met and talked with more smart people and had great fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment