Thursday, June 19, 2014

My first PLDI

I thoroughly enjoyed my first PLDI. I found the list of accepted papers very interesting, I really enjoyed the Parallelism tracks. The one minute teasers was an excellent idea, it helped me choose which talks I wanted to achieve. The teaser by Martin Rinard was especially memorable.

The Future of PLDI session was also very enlightening. I enjoyed Jan and Sriram's impersonation of each other. I like the idea of having more dedicated reviewers per topic and the idea of the two-phase review process. I would also like to vote for automatic upgrade of the PLDI papers to Journals (with the authors having the option of submitting an extended version which is not bound by the page limits of PLDI).

My talks at the associated workshops (X10 and ARRAY) went very well too, got lots of interesting questions and positive feedback. I also had the opportunity to network and discuss with researchers in similar fields.

I'm also glad that I got to go to Edinburgh and experience the city. It is charming beautiful. After the conference, I also made a small trip around the Highlands - Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, Loch Lomond, etc. It is so green and peaceful. Definitely plan to visit Scotland again.

The poster session was very helpful, I got lots of interested listeners and useful feedback. I am very grateful to NSF-SIGPLAN for the travel support that I received. Looking forward to attending PLDI 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment