Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Post PLDI

ISMM was amazing!!  It was great listening to what others were working on in terms of designing better garbage collectors, etc.  Even though my memory management background is not that strong, I was able to get the gist of many of the presentations.  It was very insightful listening to the key ideas and tricks that others presented.

This was also the first time that I gave a talk at a conference (as well as my first conference!).  It was definitely nerve-racking at first, but the anxiety went away soon afterwards.  I would definitely look forward to attending future conferences!

I'm also glad that I got to go to Edinburgh and experience the city.  The architecture was very pretty and the food was delicious.  I'd like to thank ACM, NSF, and Professor Zhang for giving me this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment