Sunday, June 14, 2015

PLDI Eve Day Morning

After a long day of traveling from the east coast, I am happy to be here in Portland for my final conference as a student. I'm thrilled to be able to finish up my time as a student at a great conference. I am looking forward to meeting with researchers in across the several areas I work in (PL, OS, and Architecture), fellow students, and former and future colleagues. My favorite thing about FCRC is the great congregation of computer scientists across many research areas. I think we do our best work when we understand and collaborate across areas, and FCRC is a great place to do that.

I am particularly looking forward to the Turing award lecture, invited speakers, and as many PLDI talks as I can possibly attend. I am particularly eager to see talks on work I saw or reviewed as a member of this PLDI's artifact evaluation committee. Many papers at this year's PLDI are accompanied by impressive implementations, and I am eager to see and support the authors of these papers.

If you're reading this from Portland, have a great FCRC—I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment