Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ben Campbell, Pre PLDI

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ben Campbell. I am a third year Computer Science Undergraduate at UCSB, so it shouldn't be a surprise that this is my first PLDI. I was actually clued into this opportunity from being a member of the Programming Languages lab at UCSB where I am accruing the base of knowledge needed to engage in advanced studies. Still so much to do.

From what I can tell right now, I gravitate towards logics and computability theory rather than algorithmic studies. In particular, the interaction of language and formal semantics fascinates me. That being said, I've only scratched this vast field's surface, and I know this upcoming conference is going to help immensely in finding out what all is out there.

It'll be great to meet you all next week. Seeya then.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment