Tuesday, June 7, 2016

E-introduction before PLDI-2016

I am Sara Hamouda, a third year PhD student at the Australian National University. In my PhD, I am working on improving resilience in high level parallel programming languages, in particular languages following the APGAS programming model like X10.

PLDI-16 will be my first PLDI.  I am looking forward to attending PLMW and serving as a student volunteer for the first time. I will also be presenting a paper about a programming language that I love called X10. The paper is an outcome of an internship I had last year in IBM Watson Research Center, and it describes how we improved X10’s resilience support using an emerging fault tolerant MPI implementation called MPI-ULFM.  Feel free to chat with me about this paper, the internship experience, my home country Egypt, or other topics.

Finally, I would like to thank PLMW and the student volunteering committee for the generous funds which covered most of my travel expenses.


See you soon in Santa Barbara.

Best Regards,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment