Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Looking forward to PLDI 2016!

Hi!  I'm Bobby Powers, a second year PhD student of Emery Berger in the Programming Languages and Systems (PLASMA) Lab at UMass Amherst.  My research interests include systems and PL.  Recently I've become interested inhow formal methods can be used (and exposed by programming languages) to increase the robustness of systems while keeping software simple and readable.  I'm excited for Jean Yang's "Precise, dynamic information flow for database-backed applications", David Costanzo's "End-to-end verification of information-flow security for C and assembly programs", and Panagiotis Vekris's "Refinement types for TypeScript" talks.  In addition, I'm generally looking forward to meeting and connecting with other researchers interested in programming language design and implementation!

This is my first time volunteering (or attending) PLDI, and I'm especially looking forward to attending the Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop.

See y'all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment