Thursday, June 23, 2016

Landing back in Canada from PLDI

I'm back in the (surprisingly warmer, too warm) climate of Canada. I had a great time at PLDI this year. The location was fantastic, the talks were interesting, and the people were great. Both keynotes were exceptional and really motivating. I'd like to thank all the organizers and volunteers that made this conference run as smoothly as it did.

The SRC was a really good opportunity to get some great feedback. I'm very appreciative for being able to do this. It appears we're on the right track, and there's some excitement towards our research, which is great.

I really enjoyed all of the low-level x86 talks. It's pretty surprising as to what still can be done by looking at assembly. The "Programmatic and Direct Manipulation, Together at Last" talk was very interesting as well. I really like the presentation style.

I also have a (customary, apparently) sunburn to remember the trip. Hope to see everyone at the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment