Monday, June 13, 2016

Going to PLDI

Hi everyone, I'm Kyle Headley, a first year PhD student from CUPLV working with Matthew Hammer. This will be my first time at PLDI, though I've been trying to present as much work at conferences as possible. This time, I'll be participating in the Student Research Competition with an entry about a new data structure called the Random Access Zipper (RAZ).

More generally, I've been working with incremental computation, looking for ways to trade memory for more speed of computations. My website contains some work along these lines, as well as side projects that have come out of it, like the RAZ I'll be presenting to the folks at PLDI. I've been very fortunate to be able to do this work, and I'd like to thank the people organizing the SRC for travel support.

No comments:

Post a Comment