Thursday, June 23, 2016

Post-PLDI 2016

I had a great time at PLDI, my first conference. Not only were the talks interesting, but we got to enjoy the sun, the beach, and the mountain views (Waterloo, Ontario is very flat). I also enjoyed chatting with the people I'd randomly bump into.

I attended PLMW, and found all the talks (keynotes, technical talks, and professional development) to be very valuable. I would definitely recommend PLMW to all early grad students, as well as senior undergrads considering graduate school.

And then there was the main PLDI conference. My only "complaint" is that there were so many interesting talks and I was so tired that everything blurred together! So I'm looking forward to when the recordings are posted, so I can take another look and also read some of the papers.

Thank you to everybody who was involved in making this a great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment