Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Mike Shah - Introduction

Hi my name is Mike Shah, I am hoping this year to have a great time at PLDI. I will be presenting during the SOAP workshop for the first time, and I am excited to hear freed back from other top researchers in that field. I have previously attended PLDI two times, and I always hear lots of interesting talks. I think attending talks on systems, concurrency, and other topics will encourage me to read the full papers after the talks. This is something I look forward to whenever I come back from PLDI. While attending PLDI, I hope to network with other researchers in the field of concurrency. I am going to be starting to write my dissertation and graduate in about a years time. If there are opportunities to connect with individuals for jobs, post-doc, or faculty positions, I am hoping I can find a place I can add value to when I graduate! It is an important part to also network with other graduate students and undergraduates while at the reception or poster session. I look forward to seeing old friends and making new friends who will be colleagues for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment